Bishop Cordileone is in that group of Bishops who can be defined as carrying the cross of ‘persons with an inclination to abuse’.
Oakland California’s Bishop Salvatore Cordileone has upped the stakes in the Catholic identity movement. He is demanding the Board of Directors of the gay and lesbian pastoral outreach group CALGM take an ‘oath of personal integrity’ to Catholic teaching–his version anyway. This is hubris beyond belief given the USCCB has once again refused to have their own integrity to the Dallas Charter policed by anyone other than their own individual conscience. No ‘oath of personal integrity’ for them, Cardinal Archbishops like Timmy Dolan can continue to bribe predator priests to leave the priesthood while simultaneously inventing any dubious strategy under the sun to avoid paying victims. On the other hand CALGM has to start referring to their intended pastoral group as “persons with a homosexual inclination” rather than as gay and lesbian. Oh, and take a loyalty oath to their fuhrer with a crozier. Does it get anymore insulting or absurd?
-full commentary at Enlightened Catholicism
- Gay ministry group refuses to sign oath (queerchurchnews.wordpress.com)
- CALGM Board Refuses to Sign Oath (newwaysministryblog.wordpress.com)
- Schonborn Confirms: Discrimination is NOT a Catholic Value. (queeringthechurch.com)
- US Bishops “In Moral Schism” on Gay Marriage (queeringthechurch.com)
- Catholics Protest Launch of the Bishops’ “Fortnight for Freedom” Campaign (queerchurchnews.wordpress.com)
- “Intrinsically disordered”, the Vatican preserves pathologising of LGBT sexuality (queeringthechurch.com)